Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year! Stef tells me that the Italians have lentil soup the beginning of each new year, for wealth.

I certainly crave wealth, but not the kind we may have come to think of. It is the wealth of family and friends and good work that I crave. I’ll ask for some cash later on, maybe.

Today is cold and sunny, here in Idaho. We have a little snow on the ground, but not much. We did have a White Christmas, the first one in a dozen years.

This is the beginning and the end both. How many more friends will we bury this year, I don’t want to know. We have a new pastor this week, and since I work very closely with the pastor in my church work, that is an unknown. We had the last one for 10 years and we got used to each others foibles.

My dear friend David, who has driven to Nicaragua and back this fall, is due today, and my excess sleeplessness is catching up with me today.

Miriam, my beloved, is making cookies, and I will make lentil soup when she is finished, I don’t want to risk loosing that wealth! Miriam is well, except for Alz and I am so glad. The quality of our life is good and that makes me glad, but we aren’t young any longer and we are going a bit slower each year.

But, to each of you: may you have the best year.

4 comments:

StefanieRose said...

I am afraid thats not the kind of wealth most Italians think of when eating there lentils. I am not most Italians and I agree with you for sure. I hope you find every bit of wealth that your looking for David.

nancy said...

best wishes (and wealth) for you and your family in 2008 dave!

rainbowheart said...

they say if you eat black-eyes peas (for good luck)and mustard greens for wealth. I guess that I will not be wealthy because I will not eat mustard greens or anything like that....wishing you Happiness, Health and Wealth in the New Year Dave...

~Betsy said...

All the best to you this new year, Dave.