Wednesday, February 27, 2008

the b word

Daughter one sent an email to me saying that I had not cogitated lately.

Hmm. Interesting way to say it. Much of my life is pretty boring, I fear.

I did pick the first Mesclun from my cold frame this week and include it in our daily green salad. The last couple of days I have been pruning our grapes and our orchard. We have about 20 grape vines and close to two dozen fruit trees.

I am not a great orchardist. Miriam’s dad made a good living with an orchard of rather small size, but I don’t work so hard at mine. Maybe with retirement I can do better.

We don’t get a fruit crop every year, a late frost often takes out the crop, but even then the trees and vines provide us with sufficient fruit and grape juice.

I don’t make wine, like I said, it is boring around here often.

2 comments:

StefanieRose said...

I don't think its boring. Talk to us about your photo career. I would like to hear about it.

And btw homemade grape juice has got to be way better then homemade wine. So don't change that! (not that you were going to)

Unknown said...

That's better than being told you are a "codger" at least!!