Friday, February 29, 2008

first seeds

Having been particularly glad for a bit of spring weather, I have been working outside.

Spring stuff. There is plenty to do, maybe since this is the first year that I haven’t “worked” I can keep up with the work better, we will see.

We have too much land for one person to keep up with and have a job. Miriam used to take care of the flowers and the house side, but that stopped a few years ago.

Anyway, I really got the itchy fingers and planted some seeds as well.

I have a cold frame, which is a small unheated greenhouse like structure. Mine is about 4 by 8 feet with a couple of old windows on the top. Last fall I planted some lettuce seeds, for eating about now, but half the bed was empty.

So I planted. There is a bunch of veggies that have this message on the label: “Plant as soon as the soil can be worked in the spring.” So, I did it.

It will be may before much of that is eatable, but just putting some seeds in the ground was exhilarating.

Yo spring, almost.

1 comment:

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

I am getting itchy for Spring too. Just can't wait to get my hands in the soil again.

Have fun with your garden! There is just such a sense of accomplishment when things start to sprout!