Friday, February 29, 2008

This morning, for breakfast I made a fruit smoothy.

That is not unusual, I do that often. But this time it had a secret ingredient!!

I started out with a bit of plain yogurt, added a cup of left over applesauce, and a half cup (more or less) of some pineapple left over from my last upside down cake.

Put in a fresh banana and a big fistful of frozen strawberries. I looked at the tofu but didn't add any!

That is all pretty standard stuff, but along the way I included the secret ingredient.

There was part of a can of diet cola in the refer and it went in too.

When I talked to Emily (granddaughter 2) on the phone, she summed it up: Icky.

But it was pretty good, but I made too much so what is left is in the bread I am making now (along with a pint jar of home canned prunes, for good measure). So, as I said to Emily, there is diet cola in the bread.

You know what she said!

5 comments:

StefanieRose said...

icky. hehe

Unknown said...

The method of cooking you describe has served me well for a long while now.

Great job.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

My dad used to make a drink similar to that for my mom. She wouldn't at so he devised a drink that included yogurt, banana, a bit of honey,some protein powder and something that turned it pink. She would drink it under protest but I think it helped her.

dave said...

Eventually, you get sneaky. This is a good way to get a lot of fruit easily.

nancy said...

i love diet coke but my initial response would have to be that of emily's - icky. glad to see though that you are able to be creative and get some good stuff down miriam!