Wednesday, May 14, 2008

happy birthday Linda

May 14, a long time ago, our 4th daughter was born.

This was before fathers were allowed any where near the delivery room, but the doctor was a pretty good friend as was the nurse, so the rules were bent.

At the proper time, they signaled and I stood in the door and took pictures of the delivery. I was a seasoned photographer, and it was not a difficult assignment. My Leicas were certainly up to the low level light, but I am not a medical photographer. I get quimish easily.

And so Linda entered our life. She has been a good daughter. She is extremely talented, works hard and is a good mother to Emily. I have loved her from the time I knew she was on the way. This was long before we had the ability to know the gender of a baby until they was born. My guess was that doctors enjoyed the: “It’s a girl” call.

Emily looks enough like her mother for us to confuse them in pictures. When Linda was born Deanna was 4, Lora 5 and Arline was 9. She was a source of constant amazement to them.

I had no idea we’d have a whole batch of girl babies when Miriam and I started this adventure. My desire, I remember, was that they be healthy and I was richly rewarded.

Linda, I know you didn’t have any choice of who your parents were or when you entered this world, but I love you for enriching our lives all these years.

We’ll see you next weekend.

1 comment:

StefanieRose said...

I never herd a dad talk so lovingly about there kids. You amaze me grandpa.