Saturday, December 13, 2008

Jean

I heard the rumor a couple weeks ago.

I was sure the name was wrong. How could it be?

Today I talked with Jean and she confirmed that she has cancer in her lungs and kidneys and another place or two. I sat by her and we visited and I was close to tears.

Jean has been my assistant head deacon for several years. (It sounds crazy, but we had both men and women “deacons”). She would see what needed to be done and do it. If she had a problem it was in doing too much.

Jean is the same age as my daughters, and they went to high school together. Her father was the business manager at the school. Her mother had MS. Jean is an only child. Dad, now retired is a lonely somewhat bitter old man, mom is gone, and now Jean has cancer.

There is nothing more to say right now, but I am so sorry.

Best to you my friend. I hope the chemicals and the therapy all help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OhSHOOT!!!! No! No one deserves that!

~Betsy said...

I'll keep Jean in my prayers.