Friday, March 6, 2009

arrows


There is a story in everything around us.
One morning I came out of the house and found a very nice arrow, the kind shot with a bow, laying on the concrete of my drive.
I brought it in the house and laughed about it.
The next day I found this hole in the trunk lid of Miriam's car. If you put the arrow in the hole you could see exactly where it came from.
So I called the police. "I don't want to cause problems, but the idea of metal tipped arrows flying through the air does not give me comfort."
The young officer smiled, said he would be right back and drove around a couple of corners.
He returned later to say that the house in direct line with the arrow had an archery target in the back yard, but he was told they "never would shoot an arrow that direction."
We all grinned and I still have the arrow!
Never happened again.

1 comment:

~Betsy said...

Geez. I'm glad nobody was hurt!