Tuesday, April 14, 2009

digital what?

No one ever accused me of being the quickest arrow.

I am bright enough to get in trouble (some what like like daughter’s standard poodle), but I rarely am the first in the block to be really up to date.

Take TV. For reasons that I will say have to do with the budget, we have never had cable tv. A few years ago I did put up a $30 antenna and my neighbor was amazed that they were still being made.

So last night, after having the converter box sitting on top of the TV since January, I decided to see if it would work.

Wow. My favorite channel by far is Idaho Public TV. I do not rely on TV for news, I find most of the “entertainment” on TV to be banal or dumb (thought I do like good comedy).

But now my local PTV station has 4 channels! One is called learn/create. Wow again. When I visit daughters who have cable I am fascinated by the design and decoration channels.

So here I am now, watching channel 4.3. Not just 4, and the picture is better.

I feel like an aristocrat.

No comments: