Saturday, June 13, 2009

labels

You can’t trust the labels.

This is not about the food industry, it is about my refrigerator.

Most of the time I have a bottle in the refer that proudly says it is 100% maple syrup. And so it is, or actually was.

The bottles are small and fit nicely in the hand and look good on the table. But once the spendy good stuff is gone, it is substituted by my mix of unlikely ingredients. Well, maybe not too unlikely.

Any way, yesterday Miriam opened the refer door and my wonderful bottle of fake maple hit the tile floor and broke. The bottle was clear full, of course. And I am sure that my brand of the stuff is a LOT stickier than the original.

She got it on her shoe and she was worried about the glass. I found the mop bucket and a tile setter sponge to clean it up.

I triple washed the spot, and then did the whole kitchen floor. Being a tile setter, you should know how I mop floors: on my hands and knees with a bucket of water and a big sponge.

It turned out all right, except for my nice bottle. I’ll put that on the grocery list.

No comments: