Tuesday, July 7, 2009

that is better

Dinner tonight was good. Most of the meal came from the garden. Ahh, summer is here.

And I roasted it all again! This time I did the potatoes first and when they were getting close I put the peas on to cook, and put the Zucchini in the oven.

It worked out better and the timing was good. I will keep working at it. That roasted thing is pretty good.

Red potatoes
Zucchini
Onion (nice 3 ½” one)
Sugar snap peas, shelled
Lettuce for salad
3 small carrots, just for the fun of it!

Miriam helped with the green salad with a tomato and I put some slivers of red pepper in with the Zucchini. I also took two cloves of garlic, chopped them in my new little chopper, and then spread on top of the rest.

Later when we came back in the house it smelled of garlic. Miriam cannot smell at all any longer (part of AD) but it was good. I liked it.

2 comments:

arutherford said...

Yummy! My garden is progressing nicely but a bit slowly. I think I started after you too though.

We've had one cucumber and one tiny cherry tomato. Delicious.

dave said...

We have had neither of those yet. Tomatoes are set, but not ripe and I have not checked on the cucumbers lately!