Sunday, July 19, 2009

sunday thoughts

For dinner today I made burritos. I have eaten them in Taco Bell a lot of times, but I don’t remember Miriam or mom ever making any at home.

So, I talked with Dea (d3) and jumped in.

Not bad for a first shot. I’ll try it again, maybe I can pick up some sour cream for filling, but cottage cheese worked pretty well too. It does not seem that there is a set list of ingredients. I like that part.

---------

Blood pressure is a wild thing.

If it is too high the medics are afraid I will have a stroke, but if it is too low my zest zooms away.

Last week mine has been too low. Too much medication. Yesterday I talked with a friend who went to see his doc and his blood pressure was high, and friend said: “Wait a minute, I just climbed the stairs to your office a few minutes ago.”

Hmm.

My doctor’s office is on the 2nd floor and the first is a tall one, so I go up 1 ½ to 2 flights of stairs just to talk to my doc. There is rarely a wait of more than a minute or two and then my blood pressure is high.

So now I wonder if that might have pushed me up the 5 or 10 points that was the reason for the last change in BP meds?

Miriam has been taking my pressure all weekend, several times a day and it has been low all weekend, usually around 70/110. Not a lot, but that is just enough to take the wind out of my sail.

Hmm again. I’ll talk to the doctor’s nurse tomorrow (we have already agreed to this conversation) and see if we can figure out what gives. I would really like to be healthy enough to not take blood pressure med. There are side affects that I do not like!

No comments: