Saturday, August 8, 2009

I admire. . .

I went to see a movie the other night with my friend David, who is in town for a few days.

This one was a 3d computer generated experience, but with real live people as well. I cannot even begin to understand the complexity of producing one of those, but I sure can marvel.

My head is stuck in the old days, where cartoons were all hand drawn, a frame at a time, I guess.

The first all computer generated movie I saw just blew my head in it’s realism, but with 3d added, it is even more awesome. A friend once said that in a movie, the stronger the special affects, the weaker the plot, and this was no exception.

When the character throws something your way and you think it is going to hit you, that is realism!

I am not a great movie buff, may go a couple times a year, but when I see one of these, I am blown away by some one’s expertise.

Even expertise I do not like or do not appreciate, I have to admire some one’s proficiency.

No comments: