Tuesday, August 4, 2009

tease

The other night Miriam went to bed about 10, which is what I like her to do.

About midnight she got up to go to the bathroom and asked me if I was coming to bed soon. I said yes, I was finished with what I was reading and would be up soon.

When I went up, I took off my clothes, turned out the light and got into bed, as I normally do!

I wiggled over to her to snuggle a bit and maybe just pat her on the thigh. But when I snuggled over she was not there, and when I reached my hand out, she was not there, but instead was a rolled up blanket.

Quickly I turned the light on and saw that she had put an old wig on her pillow to make it look like she was in bed.

This has nothing to do with Alzheimer’s and every thing to do with my mischievous Miriam. She has done this before. I knew she was hiding. Since I had been seated at the foot of the stairs, I was sure she had not come downstairs. She was upstairs some where.

I made a run through the easy hiding places. Not in the shower behind the curtain, not in Emily's bedroom, I eve checked under the bed. Back in our room I looked in the closet behind the clothes, No Miriam.

Stopping, I scratched my head and did a bit more thinking. Of course, I was talking as I was looking and I knew she was laughing.

Finally I looked behind the bed, and there she was all wrapped in a blanket laughing so hard her eyes watered.

I am glad she can play tricks like that on me. We both laughed over this one!

1 comment:

Creatrix Dea said...

That is an incredible story.
My funny momma.