Tuesday, September 1, 2009

baths

One reason little boys liked to go camping is that they did not have to take baths.

Think about it. No one could bug you, because you could not. I went to camp as a kid, went a number of times. There no showers, you had to go swimming to get a bath.

The water was cold and I did not like swimming, so. . .

Even the early camping trailers did not have any bathroom facilities. Even pretty good sized units did not. I don’t know who it was that messed it all up. It might have been Wally Bynum and his Airstream trailers, I don’t know.

But now every camper has an RV of some sort and ALL of them have very adequate bath/shower rooms.

And that is why some of us still camp in tents and tear drop trailers. We are just tall small boys. I have a “shower” tent, but don’t always take the trouble to set it up, and sometimes the camp officials do not like the idea any way.

So we can camp pretty well conscience free,

That is my story, and I am sticking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, yeah, love that sticky story!!
L