Sunday, January 31, 2010

what, again?

Yesterday was Dick's birthday.

He is a good friend who has had unlimited courage and craftsmanship. Some years ago he began a building project that will take him well over a decade to complete.

Dick began after he retired.

I am working on my teardrop trailer and I suspect I'll spend all of next month or more on it. And I think that is a big project?

Hats off to you, Dick my friend.

Which got me thinking. . . of course. . .

We were watching Kris Kristofferson on Austin City Limits. I looked up his bio. He is a year older than I and has a daughter the same age as Emily.

Talk about courage! Of course, having a bit of cash might make that easier, I don't know.

Sometimes what we view as courage is the result of something we just do because it needs to be done. My dealing with Miriam and her AD fits in that category. It may have a tinge of courage in there somewhere at some time, but it was not the kind I volunteered for.

So far it has taken less courage than bravado.

But I noticed that every time one of my grandkids has a birthday, pretty soon I have one too, and I keep loosing old friends to the grim guy with the scythe.

Life is short, eat your desert.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you :) take a look that emo boy hair at this blog:
http://www.emo--boys.info