Wednesday, February 24, 2010

young -- where?

We have a young pastor.

I thought it was a good idea when I voted for him, and I am sure it still is.

He organized a bunch of groups, one he called the “Young at heart.” I found the name a bit patronizing, coming from a young guy. The meetings were at noon, which is not a good time for me and I am scared silly about going to a big potluck.

Part of the last is that I am not that much of a group person and part of it is that I am really not a good cook. I get by with Miriam and I, but she is so uncritical. There are people, mostly women, who were cooking before I was born and they kick out wonderful dishes all the time.

That is a scary group to hang with.

But Peggy called me today and did a special invitation, along with a little push, and I gave in.

Tomorrow morning is baking morning I guess (I ground flour tonight), so I will make a batch of whole wheat bread and maybe a loaf of olive bread or a pan of dinner rolls. I can bake, it is the cooking part that troubles me.

So wish me luck, wish that the yeast will rise and the salt will be right and that my trusty Kitchen Aid will keep going (it will last longer than I will, I am sure).

The leader this month is an old friend, Peggy tells me. He is a good guy, but I am not sure that Peggy and the good guy can convince me to go too often!

No comments: