Thursday, April 29, 2010

Aunt Ruby

This morning we lost my father's only sister.

Aunt Ruby was the 2nd of 5 children, my birth father being the oldest. One brother was 11 years younger than her but he was killed in a car accident about 15 years ago.

She was 94 2/3 years old. I live in the same town as her and have had a lot of good times with her and her family.

It was not unexpected, but we are never "ready" for that news.

Ruby grew up in Oklahoma during the depression and knew how to work and survive.

Once not too long ago someone was chiding her for always working. "Sit down and relax." " It is not in my nature," she said and she did not slow down until age forced her to.

Any good life should have had a bit of cane raising and Ruby did her part. I love her.

1 comment:

StefanieRose said...

I am sorry grandpa. I love you.