Sunday, April 25, 2010

burial

Aunt Barbara died in January.

She was with her family in southern California when she passed. They had a service for her then, but she wanted to be buried with her husband, my uncle Wayne.

Wayne was killed in a car accident a bit before he was going to retire to live his retirement here in Idaho.

Today their 4 children came up for the burial of her ashes with her beloved husband.

Uncle was 12 years younger than my father and he did not have children until his late 20's, so his children and mine are precious close to the same age. Uncle was a pastor and health educator.

Aunt Barbara once calculated that they had moved over 40 times! She lived in our town for 14 years I believe, and that was the longest she ever lived in one place in her life. Her father was a pastor also.

So today I got to see cousins I don't see often. Though they were sure they would come back here for a visit some time, there really is no one here but cousins, and they don't know us too well.

I had the distinct impression that I would likely never see them again. They are good people, I am honored to be related.

We will keep in tough by email.

It was a beautiful spring day, a good day to honor Aunt Barbara's memory and to reconnect with cousins.

No comments: