Monday, April 26, 2010

I can't find Fergie

I can't find Fergie the Frog.

Illogically I asked Miriam about it. She obsessed, but has no idea, of course.

She kept telling me that Fergie was in the garden, but he is a stuffed toy that vaguely looks like a humanoid frog and gardens are not part of his plan.

He was a gift from daughter number one for the teardrop trailer and he sits up in the corner of the galley carefully watching all that I do.

Still, he is gone. Not stolen. He was not taken in by the Animal Control person. He is right where I put him, but I am not able to find him. I will, but not today.

I found a picture of him, but he is slouched over in a very undignified manner.

One of the towns we drive through used to be two towns about a mile apart. There was Milton and there was Free Water. Along the way they joined into the long name of Milton-Freewater. During their festival days each year the name morphs into Milton Frogwater and Fergie the frog is the mascot.

So if you find a green frog with a very small back pack, who looks like he does not know where home is, let me know. In the meantime I'll look again in one of my studios.

I'll bet he is hiding in plain sight – right where I put him!

No comments: