Sunday, May 30, 2010

cookies

Friday the mail person came by.

Miriam brought the mail to my studio across the bridge. There was a package addressed to me!

I was not expecting a package, so I checked the return address. It was from grandson #1 (my namesake) and his wife Mandy.

I grabbed a knife to open the long rectangular box. Slit. Cut. Then I rolled the little box on it's side. It said: “FRAGILE” “PERISHABLE.”

And I knew what was inside!

David and Mandy both know my weakness for cookies, and here was a box of indivicually wrapped cookies.

They were so nice I told Miriam to take them back in the house and hide them. (The neighbor kids were in the house and Miriam feeds them more cookies than she should).

i decided we would eat them on a speial occasion!

So, thank you Mandy and David, you know that the way to my heart is through my stomach!

No comments: