Sunday, May 30, 2010

my friend

I visited with my friend Jason yesterday.

He is moving back to Seattle. His job here went very sour and he is returning to his roots.

I met him on a camping trip, they were neighbors at the campsite. We discovered we went to the same church. I never forgot his name.

But now he is leaving. He and his adorable wife and kids. I will miss them. We are not really close friends, I have never been to his house or he to mine, but he is one of those who come into your life and add color and flavor and richness.

He moves this week

"Did you have a house to sell?" I asked.

"Yes, and we have an offer."

"One you can live with?"

"Yes, but maybe not the bank. The offerer is for half of what we paid."

That is all I know. I did not ask more, he did not offer. I do know there is a long, complex story there.

I am sure that some of the chapters are breathlessly sad.

Hope I guessed wrong, though i will never know.

No comments: