Friday, October 29, 2010

my iPod Nano

I broke my ipod.

Not break like I had a hand full of pieces, but broke. I could plug the earbuds in, but little sound came out and what there was did not sound good.

My analysis was that the port that receives the earbud was worn out, so with great sorrow it put it away.

Then I got reading about problems like that.

One guy said he had to take a toothpick and clean out the fuzz and fibers that had worked thier way into that port. It sounded like it might be related to what was going on with my iPod.

So, with a toothpick I carefully dug and I blew and did it again.

When I plugged in the earbuds I was rewarded with good sound, on both sides.

So for the price of a simple toothpick my iPod rides again. It is an obsolete model, the 3rd generation version, but I like it. Besides I got it from a good friend -- Stefanie. I traded her a good old exposure meter, a mid classic in the exposure meter world for the iPod.

Glad it is working again.

No comments: