Wednesday, January 12, 2011

down, a bit more

I went to support group today.

There are people who are having a better time than I am, and there are people who are having a LOT worse.

None of that matters much. Each of us are different as is the way the damned disease affects our loved one.

Daughters commented that their mother had gone down this year, more than any year so far, and I am afraid they are right. And, being human, that scares me big.

Right now I am both bored and terrified. What lies ahead? Can I handle it? Can I do what needs to be done. The answers are not automatic and my love for her is not on the line here, nor is it a guarantee that I will do well.

With government cutbacks for Medicaid, which pays for a lot of the help we get, we caregivers may be more and more on our own.

I find no joy in any of that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But the good news is that OUR GOD is WAY bigger than all these problems combined. He will see you through! He has the strength, wisdom, peace and comfort you need, and (remember) is hurting with you, too. You are loved! These thoughts are a comfort to me when my pile overwhelms me: HE IS BIGGER! --- L