Friday, January 28, 2011

strength

Some day we won't be able to do what we do now.

That is a given for sure.

Today I set some concrete blocks as part of my latest remodel project. They are heavier now than those I used for this house, but not by that much.A good mason picks up the block with his left hand and sets in place. Not sure I could ever do that effortlessly, but not now for sure.

When my step dad was working on his and mom's house. He called me to ask if I would come down and help him for a bit. The job involved a bucket of concrete and a ladder. I was 40 maybe and it was no problem. Dad was in his late 60's and not in good health at all.

I think of that often.

It hurt his pride to ask me to help and then to watch me do it quite effortlessly.

As i said, I think of that incident often.

No comments: