Wednesday, February 16, 2011

food

To salve my curiosity I looked up how much I “should” be spending for food.

The stats weren’t too hard to come by.

USDA put out a list 2010, so it is pretty up to date. By their standards we should be spending at least twice as much as we do for food.

We have a garden, which contributes some, we are vegetarians, which helps a little too. We are the kind that rarely eat “meat substitutes,” which are spendy and probably not too healthy.

Mostly, I think it is because we come from a long line of scratch cooks. There may be a box or two of graham crackers (an admitted indulgence), but not much else in the cupboard that comes "ready to eat."

But we eat well.

Thanks Mom, and both Grandmas! And thank you daughters for your guidance and support!

I lean on them often!

No comments: