Thursday, February 17, 2011

snow and sleep

Tuesday we set a new record as the warmest February 15.

As long as we have been keeping track of such things, a long time in my life vision, but a mere spec in global time, this was the warmest.

So, yesterday was cold. Sleet and snow, and a little of it still on the ground in the evening. There was a wind storm that went through our little valley and prostrated some tall old trees along it’s way.

This morning I wake up, much too early and there is fresh snow on the ground.

Guess this is what the weather guys told us would happen. Changes in weather patterns, drought where it usually is not. Record colds and record highs.

*******

I did not sleep any where enough last night.
I’ll say that the neighbor’s dogs woke me, but my aging bladder probably had more to do with it. Bored dogs serenade almost every night.

Why do people have “pets” they don’t really take care of? These are not farm dogs, there are no farms that close. It is not the dog’s fault, they are just plain bored.

Usually I can wake up go to the bathroom and then go back to sleep, unless my mind starts to turn, then sleep does not happen. Miriam is always scolding me because I don't’ sleep enough. She is right, of course.

I’ll go back to bed in a bit.

No comments: