Wednesday, February 2, 2011

outage

The power company called.

Courtesy call, the computerized lady informed me.

Don’t remember ever getting a call of any kind from the power company, so I listened carefully.

Thursday morning, the voice said, power would go off at my house about 10:30 in the morning and it would take them about 5 hours to do their work.

Wow.

Since we heat with a wood burning stove we would stay warm. I could even cook lunch on the stove.

Our house does not have a lot of windows in the right place for good lighting without the power. I could go over to my studio, but that heats with an electric heater and it will be cold. or I could take a nap!

But I think we will go grocery shopping, maybe shop for something else and just take a few hours to do it.

Why not.

No comments: