Friday, March 4, 2011

book stores

Yesterday was book store day.

I took grandson 6 (of 7) to Hastings book store. Hastings is one of those book stores that mixes used and new books. A sign said that all used books (value under $30 - which was about all of the used books) were on sale 5 books for $25.

So I found a new book that I wanted and then looked for a set of 5 used books whose price was over $5 each!

It took a while, but I found 5 really good books that I wanted. So I saved $40 or so on used book prices.

Later in the day I went back to the same store with daughter 1. She found three used books she wanted to buy and I found two more to make the 5. That was 8 books (mostly gardening books) in a single day!

In the early evening while daughter was waiting for a friend, we visited another used book store.

Hastings is a picture of organization and cleanliness. The other store was not.

The sign proclaimed 20% off, but since the books rarely had a price, we never could figure the price that was to be discounted!

So I took pictures with my iPhone and we looked around.

Later we visited the other book store in this smallish town. It is family owned and operated. All new books. Everything was in order.

Three stores, three different visions.

No comments: