Wednesday, March 2, 2011

change

I notice how my plans go astray and get modified.

Once I listened to my parents for advice, now I listen to my children, who are not children.

We drove to Portland for the wedding, intending to take an easy two days back home. However, we are scheduled to be back here in SW Washington in another week.

Granddaughter 1 attends school a few hours from here and they have Grandparent weekend next week (the 11th and 12th). It is a hundred dollar trip to go back to Idaho and return to this part of Washington, so daughter 1 who is always scheming ways to get us to stay, suggested that we just stay here for that week.

Not a bad idea, I reasoned, and hundred dollar bills do not happen easily or often, so it will be, and I am not complaining.

But it is time to start seeds for the garden. Not all seeds, but early veggies: Onions, Parsley, Broccoli. Tomato seeds need to get started next week then Lettuce.

We could, of course, skip going to see granddaughter and go home and plant garden seeds instead, but that is a bad trade off, one I would never make.

For some reason there are a few mother/daughter events, and an occasional father/son one, but I have never ever been invited to any father/daughter event, so invite me to a granddaughter/grandparent event and I will be there in my best suit!

Even if I spend part of that hundred on garden plants.

No comments: