Saturday, March 19, 2011

iron mike

There was a piece in the paper about Mike Tyson.

I am not a fan of Mike’s or of boxing, but the rest of the headline caught my attention: “…the ex-world champion learns to love the boring life.”

That is all I need to understand. I didn’t read the rest of the piece, it was enough.

When you are world champion anything, particularly something that has a lot of money involved, it is pretty hard not to live pretty fast, I would guess. Seems like I remember that Mike made zillions of dollars and is pretty well (if not totally) broke now.

Not too long ago I was looking at a series of photographs of abandoned building around the world. There were a lot of former mental hospitals, TB hospitals and such, but there was also a picture of Mike’s gym, the one he had custom made for him in his mansion somewhere.

The suggestion was made that he did not own it any more, probably some bank somewhere does, I don’t know.

The gym had long been abandoned and neglected as had Mike’s fast life. It was sad, even if I did not know the details.

Now he is getting used to the boring life.

Welcome, Mike.

But actually, the boring part is still in your head.

No comments: