Wednesday, April 27, 2011

war

Generally i have a live and let live attitude.

I try to not start trouble, though it seems I do often.

Even the critters that frequent my garden are welcome to a bit of the bounty. But when the critters get greedy then we have trouble.

One year the gophers took about half of my potato crop. They would not eat the whole potato, but enough so it mess it up.

Last year they were in the corn patch and the back lawn. Really messed up the lawn, but it is back in the orchard where looks don't matter too much.

But since I need to rotate my garden crops I am growing potatoes in area this year. The old guy is active. He kicked up three mounds in a day. I dug into one and set a trap, but the wily old guy filled my trap with dirt, and didn't even set it off.

So now it is war.

I bought some gopher bait today and poured some of it down a couple holes. Never used the stuff before. Don't know how it will work, but it is war.

1 comment:

Arline said...

Ought to work. Here's to the battle.