Thursday, May 26, 2011

cholesterol

Cholesterol, hmm.

Yesterday the clinic called to say that my tests had come back and everything was good. An hour or two later they called again and wanted to talk to Miriam.

"I am her guardian, you need to speak to me." There was silence for a bit and then the information was given.

Miriam's Cholesterol is high, there are three they measure and all were wrong. Should the doctor prescribe medication.

I asked if I could get a printout of both of our reports and they assured me that was not a problem. So I will go in this mornin to get the reports and to talk to the Doctor's Nurse.

The numbers are high, but not sky high. 250 when they like it under 200 and so on.

I consulted with family and decided to not use meds on it at this point.

Will I be sorry later? There is no way I can know that.

No comments: