Monday, July 25, 2011

organizing

I have never set up and organized a kitchen, much less a whole house.

Mom did it, or Miriam did it. I just did as I was told.

Now it is my turn. This RV has a “basement” but it is limited. (The basement is the space that might be for luggage were it a touring bus).

But that space includes a 50 gallon propane tank, a fresh water and waste water tank of about the same size, fuel tanks, a generator for onsite electricity etc. So the space is still very finite.

The inside is arrange and outfitted about as good as it can, but all storage is finite. What kitchen gadgets do I keep? What do I use for storing food, since I really do not want to grocery shop to often. Could I keep some bulk storage?

How about storing flour? I use three different kinds, mill two of them myself. How about my flour mill? The Kitchen Aid stand mixer?

And we have not talked about clothing. Miriam has about 35 pair of panties, I have a couple dozen polo shirts. THe list goes on.

I am making progress. Daughter assures me that I am doing fin. As she gives me that spiel, I am pulled back from despair!

I remember doing a very complex, quite large cabinet job. I was sure I would never finish, but it was the customer who assured me: “Dave, it will get done.” and she was right!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

D#1 here...one foot in front of the other. Take a step. Do it again. Breath, sit down and play on the computer or take a nap. Get up and take another step. Repeat. It WILL get done. Last years nuts are almost all cracked, shelled and stored away, the blueberries are nearly done for this year... one thing at a time. Get overwhelmed, back off a bit, breathe and then hit it again.

This week looking around my place as I've started to assimilate your house into mine, I've almost freaked a few times. Breathe. Then look again. Which do I love, which do I need. All else... it has to go. And I'll be HAPPY when it's all done! In the meantime, I'm happy over every LITTLE thing that gets me closer to doneDONE!

Keep on truckin', Daddy, you're doing a fabulous job!

dave said...

We will persevere, no matter how long it takes!