Tuesday, January 15, 2013

grandaughter



I have three granddaughters about a year different in age from the oldest to the youngest.

The last one had her 18th birthday about Christmas time and she decided it was time to spread her wings. She moved to Portland where she is living with Daughter 4, getting ready to go to Chef's school and enjoying her new life.

There are times when we all need good mentoring, and this will be no exception.

Granddaughter sent me a card for Christmas. In part she wrote: "Thank you for treating me like your other grandkids." She is adopted, so that is not an idle statement.

I was a step child and have an inkling of what it must be to be adopted. But when I got word that this child was going to be adopted into my family I vowed that she would never say that Grandpa took better care of the other grandkids than her.

Seems that my wish and determination have come true.

No comments: