Wednesday, February 6, 2013

this week

Yesterday I took Miriam to a beauty shop. We have known the beautician for a very long time.

I wanted to pay for her work, but she said: "Would I charge my mother." Sadly she lost her mother a long time ago, and when she was 9 or 10 she spent a lot of time at our house and remembers it all very kindly. She is a dear one.

When it was over Miriam's long hair was shortened a bunch. It is easier to care for and looks good too.

The humidity is higher here than Idaho and her hair is a lot more curly, so it will work well. We think she looks really cute with her new do!



Last spring we bought 10 chicks. They were a day or two old. One died this fall. So we had 9.

Lately King Louie, the rooster (a big beautiful Silver Laced Wyandotte) started attacking people. He is big enough and equipped with spurs that can do damage. I am told that there is no way to break them of that habit. He attacked the women first, then my grandson and Tuesday he made a mistake and attacked me.

Within a few hours, he was listed on FreeCycle. Last night he was whisked away from his haram of 8 hens and transferred across the state line to a place that has just two hens. He will be OK.



And yesterday I bought a new RV stove/range. Today I installed it. WOW

Three burners that turn down to a light simmer. One big burner that gets hot and most wonderful of all, a decent sized oven.

Tonight we had corn bread to celebrate the new oven.  Tomorrow oven roasted potatoes.

Now I can make real bread again.

No comments: