Monday, September 30, 2013

if it ain't one thing it is two

Today I made two more trips to the plumbing store.

As you can see I am a horrible plumber, but i finally got all of the pieces and plugged them altogether.

Then I made some whole wheat pancakes and ate a good breakfast. Often i will keep a sink of hot soapy water to put things in as I cook and this time to bring dishes from the bathroom and the utility room.

I washed them all quite carefully.

Then the faucet broke! I kid you not water squirted the wrong places. It would shut off but not like should. Back to the Plumbing store I talked to my old friend Blane. He looked at my iPhone picture, shook his head and said that those are not repairable. He said he was sorry.

So I bought a new one. This time it has two knobs so hot and cold an be easily controlled (it was also cheaper and my budget is strained).

But I had to take that cast iron sink out to put the new faucet in. Otherwise it is an awful job. I was able to lift the sink out (after I cut all of the caulking that had it glued in place). It is heavy, but I was able to get it onto the floor, prop it up on edge and change the faucet.

Tomorrow morning I'll hook the water lines up and fix a breakfast of something I have not had for a while. (Not sure what it will be!)

No comments: