Friday, October 4, 2013

Visiting

This week I traveled the 4 hours to see Miriam.

She was not nearly as sharp as she was last month. I knew it would be this way, but it still made me feel deeply sad inside.

I spent quite a few hours with her. Most of the time she was sleeping in her wheel chair. Her posture, which was always good, is turning into a definite lean to one side. Some AD patients end up in a fetal position. I don't want it to go that long.

I stayed a couple of nights in my tiny house. I visited with daughter and her family. It was a good visit.

My intention was to stop to visit my 2nd daughter in Pendleton Oregon. Daughter wouldn't be home for another couple of hours and grandson for an hour. That was OK, I killed some time and waited.

I have not spent much time with her for a while, and with her husband gone along with 3 of her 4 children, it would be a quiet visit, so I decided to stay for the weekend.

It will be good and I might even get some rest!

No comments: