Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Grrr

We traveled again today. Up the Columbia river, through the gorge. Some of the most beautiful scenery around.

We took the old road, he really scenic one for a long time stopping to take pictures here and there. And therein lies the conflict of the day.

When I was paid to do photographs I would change batteries each year, on the first day of the year. My trusty Leica’s didn’t use batteries except in the exposure meter.

My current camera, which carries a big time American name with an equal big time German name on the lens, but is all made in China, has two batteries.

The old one I had that was stolen had 4 batteries. Fine, but the new one has more bells, more monitors and more stuff, and half as many batteries.

So as I was merrily taking pictures, the lens retracted and it all shuts down. Just like that. I let it set a while and got another half dozen frames, but that was all. And, the gift shop at the fancy water falls, was “out” of double a batteries.

Of course they were.

2 comments:

StefanieRose said...

#1 photographers rule: Carry extra batteries.

I am sorry you did not get to take more photos, I would have liked to see them.

~Betsy said...

Ugh - at least you got a few good shots. Thanks for sharing the photos. I've never been to your area, but my brother-in-law lives somewhere around there. He is right when he says how pretty things are.