Sunday, November 11, 2007

traveling

I like Oregon.

It is a good place, full of good people.

My home town is only 30 miles from the east side of Oregon. We breathe the same air, after all.

Miriam was born here in Oregon, about ½ way from here to home. The area where she was born has changed so much I have trouble knowing where I am when I visit.

Oregon is wonderfully progressive, Portland, where are now, is said to be the “greenest” city in America. We took our granddaughter to a teen party last night and, after dark, the streets were full of bicycle riders, going quietly on their way.

Today I bought gasoline for my little car, and was reminded of one of the wonderfully crazy parts of life in Oregon. Oregonians are not allowed to pump their own gas for their cars, it must be properly “installed” by qualified personnel.

It’s kind of crazy, but it works for them.

No comments: