Monday, December 24, 2007

merry christmas all

Tis the day before Christmas.

In my house it is a day of quiet. We will visit Jim today, but for a shorter time than yesterday. His wife Dot retired last week.

I will fix my darling breakfast, and later as good a dinner as my skills allow, but it will be a quiet day. We will crack the last of the three bags of walnuts that our neighbor gave us, we may go for a walk in the snow, but it will be quiet.

This year the family was all together in July for grandson David’s marriage to sweet Mandy. Next christmas all of us will dock at our oldest daughters house and have a suitable noisy celebration. We will take our travel trailer up earlier (to avoid potential icy roads), and have our own little bit of quiet.

But this year we are home alone. Don’t get me wrong and don’t feel sorry for us. I find myself enjoying quiet more. I suppose my life, which involved a good bit of noise making (i.e. machinery), is balanced by my love of solitude and quiet.

To each of you who lost loved ones this year, my condolence for your losses. The rest of us have our turns coming up some time, maybe soon, maybe late. But may the good memories of your loved one never fade.

Merry Christmas to each and every one of you.

You are loved.

7 comments:

~Betsy said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Dave.

dave said...

Thank you Betsy. May your Christmas be happy as well.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Dave.

dave said...

Thanks Terry. Merry Merry to you too.

nancy said...

Merry Christmas to you and Miriam. enjoy your quiet time together.

dave said...

time is finite. that is more obvious every day.

dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.