Tuesday, March 25, 2008

i dunno

Where do we go from here?

There is a site for Alzheimer’s spouses and that question was posed there. Do you have thoughts and maybe even plans for after this is over?

I wrote the following:
My wife was diagnosed 8 years ago. At that time I began to read and realized that she could be gone very soon, and I thought a good bit about life after her.
But now the disease has been with us for a long time, and we are getting older, and now I almost think that when I loose her, I will be lost too.
It is that part of the equasion that freezes my mind.
Like life now, I guess it will be one day at a time.
And that is the awful part of all of this.

I guess that about sums up the hope and dispair that is part of this journey.

Maybe our calling in life is to help our loved one be as comfortable as possible, and then to call it a game.

I don’t know.

4 comments:

rainbowheart said...

Sad but true, I can not see life after this disease. I know that it will go on but I have not idea what I will do once Momma is gone. I pray that I can be as strong as some of the others on the blog site.

nancy said...

i think a lot of us who have lost our loved ones are still trying to figure it out. i can only imagine how much tougher it will be for you, loosing your spouse. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

there are those who believe life is at it's richest when one lives one day at a time. To be at peace with living in limboland...now that is high spirituality!
You were never one who loved answers anyway. Vigor is in the question.
And it is okay to be freaked out now and then!
hugs,
--Deanna

dave said...

Thank you gail, nancy, deanna

Dea is right, I always like questions better than answers, and did I grab a snake by the tail here!