Friday, November 21, 2008

happiness!

Happiness is a full tank of gas!

Yesterday, I bought a full tank of gas for my pickup. For the last year or so I have been buying $30 a month (about 7 gallons) and driving that rig 120 miles or so a month. It has worked pretty well.

But soon I have to move a travel trailer 250 miles to 2Walla, which will take more than a tank. So, this drop in fuel prices is a help budget wise.

I am one of those strange people who think gas should have been $5 a gallon for a long time, but this has some advantages. Curiously, it is putting a crimp in some oil exporters budgets.

NY Times story this morning: Putin Vows to Fight Economic Collapse in Russia. Part of that is because of the current low price of oil.

I will let Putin take are of putin. But today that tank of gas feels very luxurious.

For me.

2 comments:

rainbowheart said...

Dave,
My Yukon feels brand new. I have not put a full tank of gas in it for months. I filled it up last week for 40 bucks. 40 bucks, I nearly fainted. I filled up the Maxima today and it took 29 bucks. Gas is 1.85 a gallon here and still dropping. Do I feel bad? Honestly, I don't. The oil companies posted a record profit in the 3rd that they have never had before. I am thankful that gas is cheap now but one thing is certain, groceries are not dropping at all. How is Ms. Miriam and Leo? I hope that you are all doing well. Have a Happy Thanksgiving...

StefanieRose said...

i have saved money not having a car over break... then again almost 2,000 dollars is being spent to fix it and it hurts my head the most that my parents will have to help me with this.

the first thing my parents told me when i got a car was that it was going to cost me more money then i would ever want it to... and well they were right for sure.