Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas already?

Enough already.

Ok it is christmas, and you can be as merry as you like.

There was a foot of snow on the ground and it snowed another 4 or 5 inches lasts night.

If you don’t have tire chains on your rig you don’t go far, unless you use daughter’s Jeep. In fact, yesterday we helped the "paper boy" get out of a snow bank and he had chains on his front wheel drive import.

I don’t mind a bit of snow, but this is over the top. I always carry chains in the winter, but this time I forgot to put them in, so I am one of the unchained, which right now means don’t get off the plowed roads.

And, since it does not consistently snow here, there is little snow removal equipment in use and all of the side streets are treacherous.

But I bellyache here.

It was a good evening last night: 3 daughters; 2 sons in law, 5 grandsons, two granddaughters and one granddaughter in law! We had a simple meal and a whole evening of talking and play.

Some played in the snow until it was quite dark, others hunkered around computer screens. I lost count, but there was about 5 or 6 lap tops in use at different times, plus the house desktop.

We enjoyed each others company.

And, one of my daughters works for Willie Wanka in the chocolate factory (she is the creative one), so there was a good amount of chocolate, not just any chocolate, mind you, but really really good stuff.

The christmas tree has a LOT of presents under it, but Matt was reminded that there will be a LOT of people here when presents are opened. I think it is twenty two or twenty three.

Grandson David and his wife Mandy are here from northern California. They have suggested that they will likely add to the population some time fairly soon, so our family will be back in the new baby area again.

It is had been along time on that one.

Did I forget to say Merry Christmas to each and all? I am sorry.

I throughly like my family, but there are times when I wish I had my hearing protectors from the cabinet shop. All of this fun can produce a lot of decibels.

3 comments:

StefanieRose said...

grandpa it sounds wonderful to me.

Anonymous said...

Come on over, Stef! The more the merrier.

Dad, I'll find you some ear plugs.

HA!

nancy said...

i agree with stef. it sounds wonderful. hope you day was happy.