Friday, December 26, 2008

sad christmas

Christmas is a happy time,

For some. It is a horribly depressing time for others.

I suppose those times of opposites are the most depressing for some of us. To be unhappy around happy people is a sentence of pain.

Those of us who feel reasonably peaceful often find it difficult to understand those who do not, I fear. And, those who are having trouble know the rest of us are clueless.

I just took my first nap today, and I feel a bit better, but it is cold, snowy and depressing.

We sleep in the living room, on the hide-a-bed. So, we are the last to get to bed and often the first to be awakened.

There are 22 or 25 of us, and even in a good sized house, that is a lot of people, and even if it is a happy time it can be noisy.

In my old age, I find noise particularly disturbing. I worked for years in noisy places without much of anything in hearing protectors, but now almost all noise bothers me. Still I am so glad to have my family all here, and to be able to hear them.

Some are skiing today (three grandkids and one friend), some are getting up late and I just did my first nap (hoping for 3 for the day).

In some ways I am ready to go home, but it will be a good day after all.

2 comments:

Lori1955 said...

Oh wow, that's a lot of people under one roof. I've noticed too that as I get older, I really cherish the peace and quiet. Of course some days it's just too quiet.

rainbowheart said...

Okay I would be ready for some quiet time also. I agree with Lori..the older I get the more I like my quiet time. Take care and have a good trip. Did you say skiing? Oh have a wonderful time I would have if I were near snow..I would on the slopes too!!Have a good time....