Tuesday, December 23, 2008

more snow

Today is travel day.

It snowed 4” here last night, but the road cams show black road most of the way. One lane at least. That is good.

Dea has already left San Francisco heading north. When she gets to where the shorter road cuts across the center of Oregon and the freeway goes on north to Portland (a longer route), she will inquire about the best route.

Portland has a lot of snow and I would guess that the town is pretty well shut down. Grandson David came from north california (which is actually in the center of the state), drove to Portland where his wife’s parents family life, got within a hundred yards of their house and got stuck in the snow.

But when I check around a bit,there is a LOT of snow in a LOT of places this year. Since I am not a snow buff, I will not trudge on, and not complain.

I was listening to Bing Crosby yesterday sing; "There is no place like home for the holiday." Hmm. He might have been onto something

I’ll post again this evening.

No comments: