Tuesday, January 13, 2009

gadgets

I have a son in law who loves gadgets, particularly electronic ones.

Christmas time he showed me a device called “MagicJack” that plugs into your computer and into a regular old fashioned phone, and allows you to call on the computer for a fee of $20 a year.

Curtis takes it with him when he goes away from home on business, so he does not use up his cell minutes.

He asked if it would be useful to me, and I agreed that it would. So yesterday I got it set up and it works wonderfully. The sound is as good as any phone I ever heard, and gave me a chance to rescue our old PINK princess phone!

So I talked with Deanna last night for 40 minutes and it did not go against my cell time and I was delighted on two levels.

It seems that every thing is going up in price, insurance, groceries and so on, so it is good that I can cut my phone bill a hunk.

Normal 1 or 2 minute calls are not a problem at all. IT is those hour long calls we have with family that adds up the minutes. So I have asked them to call me on my regular phone and I’ll call them back on the computer phone, and we can talk as long as we like!

Thanks Curtis.

1 comment:

rainbowheart said...

There is nothing like being on the phone with family members for as long as you like and it costing you pennies a day. I have a service like that and I call my son that lives in Fla. and we talk for an hour at the time. Hope you and Ms. Miriam are doing great and staying warm. Take care .....hope to chat with you soon....