Sunday, January 11, 2009

addendum

I think it is not considered good etiquette to eat a corner out of a dish of food before taking it to a potluck, so it went with a bit of trepidation. Was it cooked enough? Was it good?

I sat to eat besides my friend Coralee. I ask her about cooking from time to time, and I had talked to her about my potatoes.

She said they were good. I tasted mine and thought they could have been cooked a bit longer, and she said “No, they are fine.” When Coralee says that she means just that.

At the end of the meal there was two servings of apple crisp left, which with a dollop of ice cream (thanks Chris -- I don’t take ice cream to potlucks, but I sure eat it at home!), we took care of last night. It was good.

And we polished the potatoes off for breakfast.


But next time we have a potluck, I will remember what Coralee suggested and make the potatoes again! I asked daughter one about potlucks. I felt a bit intimidated by all of those good cooks in my group. She said find something I could do well do and work on it until it is good and every one will like it.

So, potatoes it is, ready or not!

4 comments:

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

See, Dave, you have to be sneaky if you are going to sample your cooking. Take out the corner and just kinda smoosh the other stuff over the bare spot. Trust me, no one will ever know *wink*.

dave said...

you are so clever Chris. I will do that next time.

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I discovered your weblоg
the use of msn. That is an extremely ѕmartlу written агticle.
Ι wіll maκe ѕure to booκmark it аnd return to
lеarn mοre of your helрful information.
Τhank you fоr the post. I'll certainly return.

Feel free to visit my webpage; boom trucks

Anonymous said...

Wow, ωonderful blog ѕtruсture! How long have yοu been
bloggіng foг? you make blogging glance easy.
Thе entire glance оf your wеbsite іs great, lеt alοne the сontent!


Feеl frеe to ѕurf to my ωeb blog -
tens units