Friday, January 23, 2009

sleep again

We went to bed early last night, about 9:30.

I know for at least some of my friends, that is the “normal” time, but I never was considered “normal.” Miriam was tired and I agreed to go with her, but I told her I’d be awake about 3, it seems to work that way.

So I slept and slept hard, and woke up an hour later. I got back to sleep without too much trouble.

And an hour or less later I woke again, each time after a few minutes of being awake I got back to sleep.

Then at 3 Leo woke me up. He had gotten uncovered (as short haired as he is, he sleeps under a blanket. Often I have Miriam look after Leo when he wakes up, because she can go back to sleep almost instantly. If I get up it is very hard for me.

But this time I took care of Leo.

So here I sit in my leather recliner, inside a sleeping bag, since I did not want to start a fire or get dressed -- I will go back to bed in a couple of hours.

It seems that my sleep comes in 45 minute to an hour and quarter “packets”. I do not know if that is unusual, I do not know if it is healthy or not, and frankly I am not much concerned.

It is a nutty way to live, but I do know that there are a lot of people who wake up early and spend an hour or two before going back to bed and sleep. Some do it regularly, finding that this quiet time are some of the most precious hours of the day.

I am not ready to go that far, but I do understand the idea, and I sure do not find the time unpleasant.

1 comment:

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

I love the quietness of the early morning, before the phone starts ringing and the world begins to wake up. I live nest door to a lumber yard (my husband works there too)so peace and quiet is a precious commodity. And even when I can't sleep and I find myself downstairs, bundled up in a blanket in front of the computer just surfing for something to do, those are moments I truly enjoy, just as long as I don't have to be up in a few hours to go to work:)