Wednesday, October 14, 2009

yes we can, i think

“I am a nurse, we can do it.”

That from my child bride.

My dear friend David is here with his wife and aged mother in law. Mom is about 90 and while she can get around OK she needs someone to be with her all the time. David and his wife do it well.

But they really need to go out of town for three days. Would Miriam and I be willing to look after mom? I am not good at looking after other people’s people. I am scared of all sorts of things, so I tried to wiggle out.

But when I got home I mentioned it to Miriam and got that response.

So, we will be hanging out at David’s house for a few days soon. Miriam can look after grandma mostly, and I will cook and wonder (and wander too?).

There are not many people in this world who would ask me to do that and there are even fewer that would get a positive answer from me, but good friends are not that easy to find.

I know we will be OK.

No comments: