Tuesday, December 29, 2009

catalogs

December 29, 2009

What a difference a time zone makes.

We have been in the neighboring time zone for the last 5 weeks, just an hour different. I am getting old I think, because it is a bit of adjustment.

Last night at 11 here (10 there) I was not remotely sleepy, and this morning when I got up at 8, 7 there, I was still off.

Our house has a lot of mass, meaning there is a lot of weight to the materials. That is good mostly. When the mass is warmed up it stays warm, or cool it stays cool. With the cold weather the house is like a big refrigerator.

Yesterday we kept the fire roaring all day and once it went out it was cold.

We put an extra blanket on our bed and that was very good.

There is a warming trend though. Last night it was 23ยบ.

But, the seed catalogs pile up, which suggests that some one out there is pretty sure spring will arrive at some point.

I wait, patiently, sort of.

No comments: